Apart from the support comfort, durability and material, the mattress sizes are also the important aspect that you should think about carefully when you buy the mattress. A proper size mattress can ensure us the good sleep.
First let’s have a general understanding of mattress sizes. Now there are several kind sizes of bed and mattress sizes in the markets: twin size, full size, queen size, king size.
- Twin size mattress is also called single size mattress. It has a standard size of 39″ Width (W) by 75″ Depth (D). This size is suitable for small rooms or kids’ room.
- Full size mattress is also called the double mattress with a standard size of 54″ W by 75″ D .
- Queen size bed or mattress has a size of 60″ W by 80″D. This size is the most welcomed size. And it is just suitable for couples.
- King Size bed has a standard size of 76″ W by 80″ D – that’s an additional 18 inches compared to a queen size. It suitable for large space room.
Before you place your order, think about these 6 aspects to determine the mattress sizes:
- The number of people sleeping on the mattress. It is just for one person or for two.
- The height sleeping on the mattress. The length of the mattress should be a minimum of 4 to 6 inches longer than height of the tallest person sleeping on the bed.
- The size of the bed. If you do not plan to change the old bed. Before buy the mattress, you should measure the width and length of your old bed. The mattress should just fit the bed.
- The dimensions of the room. If you plan to change the bed and mattress together, it is necessary to measure the width and length of the bedroom, doorways, hallways and stairs to see if you can get the piece into your room.
- The sleeping habits. If the person often tosses or turns, you’d better buy a bigger size which will give you a better sleep and fewer disturb for the other person.
- If you choose the mattress for your kids, take into their height increase into consideration. After all, the mattress will cost you a lot.
- The proper mattress sizes will suit your bed perfectly. So before you go to the market to buy the mattress, take the upper 6 points into considerations in order to choose the satisfying mattress sizes.
Hope you like the above mention information and which will help you choose perfect Size of Mattress for our bedroom. Read more about how We Fit a Mattress in a Box.
May 11, 2020