There are several of us who do not realize that the cooling system installed at their homes is one amongst the biggest energy guzzlers in their home. If you are using an old air conditioning system with a less energy rating, then it would be worthwhile to consider replacing the same with a more energy-efficient system. Generally speaking, you should be able to recoup the cost in just a few years.
One of the largely used energy efficiency ratings is Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) and it is exactly the measure of the cooling efficiency of your air conditioner or heat pump. The higher the SEER number, the more is the efficiency of the system in converting electricity into cooling power.
Matching your AC unit size as per your requirement is very crucial too. An air conditioning unit that is too big for the room will work harder and cost you more.
This is also crucial to remember that because your air conditioning unit can be such an energy guzzler reducing your AC bill and helps the environment. When the average household uses 9,000 kilowatt-hours a year, any reduction in power usage helps the environment considerably.
Here are a few of the fast, free and easy ways of lowering your air conditioning bill.
- Closing the drapes on the sunny side of your house.
- Closing off rooms which you are not using and the cooling ducts to those rooms.
- Turning off the lights when not in use because lights produce a considerable amount of heat which make your air condition system work harder and eventually cost more.
- Turning off your computer and any other home office equipment because they generate an immense amount of heat as well.
If you are able to afford a little money with your AC existing system, you have a few more options to consider. You can:
- Install a programmable thermostat which should preferably be one which offers zone control.
- Checking and replacing your filters at regular intervals as a dirty filter can actually cost more money every month.
- Install aftermarket energy-saving devices which can bring in a considerable difference in energy consumption.
You need to remember that your AC unit has the potential of drawing so much of electricity by maintaining as well as optimizing your current system and eventually reap substantial financial benefits.
Other Factors to Be Kept in Mind
You should ideally choose the best brand and high energy-efficient air conditioning unit for your private residences as well as industrial buildings. These brands are always ready to service and repair the units whenever you want. They would surely fulfil your every requirement with the complete commitment of getting the job done perfectly and promptly as well. This does not matter if the unit is casement, window, ceiling duct or wall-mounted, the best brands of air conditioner would always give you fresher and cleaner air.
Every air conditioning company will provide you with preventive servicing. The preventative maintenance will very effectively improve cooling performance. This will considerably prolong the overall life span of the air conditioner unit. The technicians are knowledgeable about what they do and answer any concerns, questions or issues that the customer may have. There are also specific discounts which are listed and named in a contract for the customer and the customers can decide which option to choose.
Other than the installation and servicing, the technical team working with air conditioning will service your air conditioner in the best possible manner and this will help you in saving a lot of energy.