If you want to hang gallery art in your home or business, you may be
shopping for standoff hub to get the job done. The good news is hanging gallery art professionally is easier than ever when you have the right tools and equipment.
Below is more information about how to get the job done.
First, you need to collect some tools and hardware to hang your art:
- Measuring tape
- Wall hooks
Some tips to help you do this work easier:
- Use brackets or hooks to hang your artwork. Nails are not good enough.
- Be sure that you read the weight recommendation on the hardware so you know that your artwork won’t fall when you are done.
- Check your hardware to make sure it is secured with fasteners and screws on the back of the art.
- If your pictures are heavy, it is important to use two D-ring hangers. There is one on each side to hang the art.
- When you hang a frame from a wire, you need to use two hooks on the wall for more stability.
To install the artwork, here’s what you need to do:
- Find the center point of the wall and mark it with a pencil.
- If you have D-ring hangers and there is no wire, you will need to measure the art from the bottom to top and mark its center under the hanger or hangers.
- If you use a wire, you will need to measure from the mark in the center to the top of the tight wire. You should add 60 inches to the measurement for the regular artwork height. This puts the art at eye level.
- Next, you mark the distance from your floor near the mark in the center. You need to align these marks with your level.
- Use your level to ensure the marks are aligned with the center of your height mark.
If you are hanging your artwork for your business, you want to make sure the pictures are hung at about eye level for the average person. Also, be sure that you hang the artwork with the right wire and hooks so you don’t have something fall.
Remember the above tips to ensure that you hang your artwork properly in your home or business. You will enjoy years of pleasure from having your art hung in just the right way.