Blinds are generally used where a perforated vision or filtration of light to any space is required. It’s used generally in office spaces with glass partitions and it provides the needed privacy with a needed vision also for the user. They are sometimes used as a fully opaque removable partition between the spaces too as it can be rolled up and down easily with very fewer efforts. The blinds ads style and protection to the spaces and also helps in insulating them. The blinds should be chosen rightly by looking at their special features properly to suffice the need.
There are many kinds of such blinds available in the market:
- Roller shades
- Honeycomb shades
- Pleated shades
- Roman shades
- Vertical blinds
- Solar shades
- Aluminium blinds
- Sheer shades
Aluminium blinds are made up of aluminium which makes it durable, strong and yet flexible enough to serve the purpose for the customers. The installation of aluminium blinds is also very easy and affordable which makes them a good option for the spaces and especially for homes. The aluminium blinds slates are more lightweight than the other slates in other blinds.
Advantages of Aluminium Blinds:
- They are versatile.
- They are available in many colour and sizes.
- They are easy to maintain and especially very easy to clean as compared to cloth made blinds.
- They are smooth and user-friendly to operate.
- From procuring to installing aluminium blinds, it costs very minimum and requires less labour.
Aluminium Blind Installation
The aluminium blinds consists of an operating system in top covered by an aluminium cover and then the louvered curtain below with a hanging system to pull it up and down and finally a lower bottom to receive them. Installing them is very easy and can be done by the user itself with a little bit of guidance or it can also be installed by the expert sent by the vendor from where it’s been procured.
The tools needed for installing them are:
- Wall plugs
- Tape measure
- The blinds with instructions for installing aluminium blinds and the brackets which comes along with them.
Installation needs Following Steps to be Followed:
- Firstly, the brackets should be out properly with the help of head nail provided with the blinds, as instructed in the information along. The brackets should be placed on either side of a line without any discrepancy.
- The holes to drill the brackets should be marked with the pencil while installing aluminium blinds. The mark should be made considering the clearance from the window and especially the window handle so that, it should not restrict the movement of the blinds up and down.
- The whole should be made with the help of drill on the marks and should be plugged properly if it’s a wall and then the brackets should be screwed on the wall and if it’s on the wooden surface then the brackets can be directly screwed without plugging. An electronic drill can be used for speed otherwise a hand screwdriver is enough for the purpose.
- Once the brackets are placed, take the blinds up and clip it on them. It also come with leavers that should be facing towards the installer (outwards). After the blinds is clipped, push each leaver to lock them properly into the place.
- After the blinds is put into the place, the chords should be unwound and a child safety cleat onto the sides should be installed to wrap the access chord up to keep it away from a child’s reach.
- Now, installing aluminium blinds is almost done and it can be released and should be checked by pulling it up and down to finally end the installation.